Monday 19 November 2012

"but...how did you do it?"

For how ever long I was trying to lose weight, I would always look at people who had lost weight and wonder how on earth they did it. Did they find a machine that they found easy to use, did they find a diet that really suited them, did they wake up one day and suddenly they'd just shedded the kgs. I would even ask them 'how did you do it' like they possessed the magical key to the universe of weight loss, a key that maybe I could possess and open a door to my own mystical weight loss universe.

(this is an image google found me when I searched 'key to universe')



But as far as I'm concerned, there isn't a mystical universe or a magical key. Whenever I did ask these people their response would generally be that they went to the gym, started eating balanced meals, started controlling their portions and so on.

So the truth of the matter is (and this is wholly my subjective opinion, whether you agree or not is up to you) losing weight and getting fit is fucking hard work. Don't believe anyone that ever says its easy. Don't believe anyone that looks nonchalant about their weight loss. Just don't! It takes time, it takes all the commitment, it takes energy, it takes sacrifice and at times it can suck. But you know what, once you start to feel healthier, once your body starts to function better, once you wake up with more energy and once you start to see the change in your body it's more than worth it.



So in my opinion, there is no magical diet, no amazing life changing gym class or incredible machine that will help you lose weight. You will have to be dedicated and it will be hard work but you'll be rewarded for all your effort in the end.

This epiphany occurred to me while I was jogging home today thinking 'fuck this is hard work'.

 
(didn't post it on Facebook...at least it's on my blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment